Thursday, July 19, 2007

QUADALAJARA --- A Hollywood Book Festival Award?


Soooo, I was minding my own business, reading and deleting emails and spam when I noticed an email from the Hollywood Book Festival.

A couple months ago I submitted QUADALAJARA --- The Utopia that Once Was for consideration in a contest which, I believe, focused mainly on relatively unknown books/authors.

Just thought I'd 'share' this unexpected email. Meanwhile, I'll attempt not to get on too euphoric a high. It's an honor just being considered and asked to read from the book at the event.

Hello:

Your book is receiving strong consideration for an award from our panel of judges. As such, we would like to offer you the opportunity to read from your book at the event on Sat. July 28.

Please let us know if you would be interested in appearing. The stage schedule would call for about a 10 minute-15 minute reading, followed by a brief signing appearance at a table provided by the festival.

Best,

Bruce Haring
Hollywood Book Festival
323-665-xxxx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home