Sunday, July 01, 2007

113 DEGREE SATURDAY AFTERNOON RAMBLINGS


I just finished reading the BLOG posts of a globetrotting friend of mine "vacationing" in Asia. It made me realize that --- even if I have nothing special to write about, unlike my friend --- that posting something was better than nothing at all!

So as I ramble on here --- a special skill that I honed through countless emails sent over the past decade --- I realize that normally I'd be on my way to Saturday afternoon mass at Our Lady Of Perpetual Help (OLPH) Church about now. Unfortunately, this is Phoenix (OK, Glendale but right on the Phoenix boundary) and June 30th means 113 degrees in the shade! If you doubt me...............

Annually --- at least since 2002 --- I wouldn't care that much because late June meant packing for an extended July/August visit to my favorite hangouts in San Diego. Not this year --- at least, not unless a couple of really cool caregiver types knock on my front door volunteering their skills/services. Highly unlikely. Those who know me can attest to that.

Which brings me "back" to Myspace. It's been an interesting, time consuming "experiment" in networking on the Internet. I even sold a few books and received some very encouraging feedback from Myspace friends both here and abroad. There's even a rumor that there is a pending QUADALAJARA/Jack Tumidajski Myspace Fan Club. But, it's only a rumor! I should know because I kinda/sorta started it. It does sound like a COOL idea though:)

I do intend to spend less time "networking" on Myspace and more time BLOGGING and delving into the area of magazine article writing. Since QUADALAJARA - The Utopia That Once Was started as a bunch of short stories and not-yet-written short stories, breaking down the book and featuring stories as diverse as 'Bangkok's Exotic Nightlife' to 'Mexico - a Haven For Disabled Vets' should give me a good jumping off point. It would also serve as a vehicle to bring more traffic to my sleepy website:

http://www.quadmexico.com/.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home