Saturday, May 19, 2007

HELLO, MY NAME IS JACK AND I"M A MYSPACE ADDICT!!!

In a December 28th BLOG post, I pondered, "Is Myspace for me?"

Looking back, I can honestly answer, "Yes and No." I played around with it a bit while still managing my posts on here. After a few health issues and a three week hospital "vacation" in San Diego, I returned ready to "hit the ground running"! Although I did have a long interview, which led to a long local newspaper article yet to be published (maybe Memorial Day, I hope? :), I've found myself spending more and more time "networking" (as I tell my friends) on Myspace and paying less attention to my BLOG and other promotional "stuff".

On the bright side, I've "met" some interesting people and my web of contacts (Myspace friends) keeps growing....309 and counting..... I've plastered my book cover image on most all of the 309....and counting.....while picking up more steam and new friends each day. Although "promises" that someone is "ordering the book" outpace actual orders by about 4 to 1 (same odds as the Preakness winner today), I'm actually doing better than on my "killer" website! All the while I'm gathering momentum and making "Quadalajara" a more recognized, if somewhat of a curiosity, Myspace name.

I now have "friends" from Maine to Seattle, and from Minnesota to --- you guessed it --- Mexico! I can't leave out the Canadians, Brit's and Aussie (one that I'm sure of), nor my Polish connection and friend in South Korea --- Hi Lise :)

Networking or addiction? Maybe both? Or maybe I'm here baring my soul to y'all while attempting to justify my behavior because I'm still IN DENIAL???

(If you're a Myspace type and interested, I guess you can "search" my name? I'll be there now thanking the THREE new folks who added me while I was doin' this!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home