Saturday, January 20, 2007

SAN DIEGO BOUND???

What's that expression: "Life Happens While You're Making Other Plans?" It happened to me early in this new year. Consequently, a few projects were put on "hold" and a few plans had to be changed. Looks like I'll have my next "book signing" as an inpatient at the San Diego VA Medical Center. I'm kinda/sorta a mini-celebrity around the Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) unit anyway with a few books having been passed around amongst the upper echelon of the medical staff there. Will that translate into being assigned one of the prettier nurses each day while I'm there? Doubt it. On my last two inpatient stays I was assigned male nurses for the first SIX days before finally getting female student nurses for much of the remainder of my "visit". Wonder what they have written in my chart, anyway? On a different note, got any inquiry on my website for someone from Tulsa Oklahoma trying to locate one of the old Quadalajara guys. Ironically, he had called me a week prior after a mutual friend lent him his copy of the book. Last I heard they'd been yakking it up over the phone. Reuniting lost loves is another job I never expected to inherit? But it's another rewarding aspect of my book project. www.QuadMexico.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home