Thursday, December 07, 2006

FAAST ACTING ON MAGAZINE ARTICLE

FAAST ( Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology ) contacted me earlier this week concerning publishing an article about the book and moi. It's always flattering when someone who you don't know or ever heard of thinks that your book and life experiences warrant an article. I have received very positive responses and reviews from reporters, editors and book reviewers which tend to lead to more interest in QUADALAJARA. Being basically a shy (yes, me) person works against you when you're supposed to be promoting your work. Thank GOD for websites and BLOGS! When my book finally came out (I received mine on April 24th) I was stuck in bed healing from a February hip fracture. I told my then "Administrative Assistant", Aqueela, that "if anyone calls concerning the book, tell them I'm busy. And if someone comes to the door that I'll just pull the covers over my head!" I wasn't joking --- well, maybe a wee bit? I actually expected that a FREE half pages color ad in the Paraplegia News magazine (circulation 30,000) was gonna generate enough response to keep her busy for 20 hours/week? If not for all the books that I gave (as belated Christmas presents) to faithful family & friends and some promotional freebies, the book orders would have only taken one hour to address, package and send out. If you ever find yourself in my situation, don't believe all the rosy senarios that your publisher paints for you. They tend to be an extremely optimistic lot. And, speaking of personality traits, I've decided to take the advice of both my web designer, Cherrie, and my new advisor-of-sorts, Mary, and become more aggressive in the self-promoting/book promoting area. AND, I'm gonna start tomorrow. I hope!!! www.QuadMexico.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home