Monday, July 20, 2009

JIM DERRY --- REST IN PEACE


I didn't know Jim Derry all that well while we were living in Guadalajara. The paraplegic from Ohio and I traveled in different circles. I'd see Jim at PVA functions and oftentimes at Cubilete (the original George Ray's Place) whenever I stopped by to visit and play cards with seasoned citizens Gil Turetsky and Leo Boudosis, who also rented rooms there.

Ironically, Jim was the first person to order a copy of my book, QUADALAJARA --- The Utopia That Once Was, when Paraplegia News editor Cliff Crase first reviewed it in the Paralyzed Veterans of America's monthly publication.

Jim passed away on July 8, 2009. May he rest in peace...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I WAS JIM'S BEST FRIEND IN QUADALAJARA ALONG WITH FRANK VILLANI.HE LIVED IN OHIO AFTER HE HAD NO PLACE TO COME TO AFTER KENNY CLOSED HIS PLACE,WELL HE DIED.BUT JIM AND I GOT EVEN CLOSER BY PNONE,EMAILS ETC.WE TALKED EVERY DAY,LNG DISTANCE AS I'M IN QUADALAJARA STILL.I LIVE HERE WITH MY FAMILY.AS THE GUYS DIED,SOME MOVED TO STATES,JIM AND I REMINISED ALL THE TIME.I'LL MISS YOU GREATLY OLD BUDDY.BLESS YOU,JOSEPH J.CICERO,JR

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home