Thursday, March 01, 2012

PRESERVING THE HISTORY OF THE GUADALAJARA ERA



The letter below, along with a related story, will appear in the April 2012 issue of the Paralyzed Veterans of America's PN Magazine. Anyone interested in helping preserve the history of this unique moment and place in time is encouraged to contact me with any ideas or assistance that they wish to offer.

Thanks, Jack

TO THE EDITOR:

I first wrote to PN in August 2003 looking for info about and photos of the early Explorers and Pioneers of the Guadalajara Era (Mid-50's to Mid-80's), those paras and quads who first went to Mexico looking for freedom, independence and a second chance at life. I received valuable feedback, including info and photos which, combined with permission to peruse the Paraplegic News achieves, numerous interviews as well as my own experiences living in Guadalajara ('72 to '81, with many extended visits throughout the eighties and early nineties) allowed me to write and publish QUADALAJARA --- The Utopia That Once Was.

Since I believe this story is worth preserving--possibly in documentary form--I'm once again writing to PN in hopes that others, who may feel the same and have ideas (or the expertise) to keep the story from fading from history, might be interested in working with me on this project.

If interested, please view my website and/or contact me via http://www.quadmexico.com/ or email QuadMexico@aol.com.

Thanks, Jack Tumidajski

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home